...posts about me babbling about wedding stuff. I'll be kind and put stuff under cuts for the most part, so you all don't flip out in a "OMFG STOP TALKING ABOUT COLORS ALREADY, WOMAN." type of rage. Not that I even remotely plan on being "THAT" bride *shudder twitch ew*, but I do need to vent stuff into the ether, otherwise it is likely my brain will actually explode.
So non-wedding stuff first.
- We signed the lease, and dropped off the security deposit, on the house we'll be renting in Kirkland in July. There was definitely a *squee* moment after we dropped it off, because we really, REALLY like this house. I love that A is being so great about everything; I'm pretty sure she's just thrilled they found people who were willing to rent it that far out in the year *lol*
- Work has been, quite honestly, very boring of late. There are plans for our tiny team to get cross-trained in what the bigger team is doing, and for the most part I'm fine with that. Our new seating arrangement is...interesting. It's pretty dark, and one of the five people in our tiny space is insanly annoying, but we are getting plants, and Nemo stickers, and remembering to keep our headphones handy at ALL times.
- March was the month of meeting famous people. At Emerald City ComiCon, we saw the Wil Wheaton panel, the Leonard Nimoy panel, met and got autographs from Leonard Nimoy and Jhonen Vasquez, and had Lou Ferrigno bump into me in a hallway. Last week, Lacy and I went to both the Christopher Moore and Kim Harrison signings at Third Place Books. Throw in the Paperboys concert, and getting engaged, and it's been a bit of a crazy month.
So then.
Completely breaking my "I'd rather not even think about anything wedding related until April" guideline, we already have some decisions pegged down, and some thoughts in the works on some other things.
We've figured out colors, though they aren't going to be a surprise to anybody who knows us *lol* If I could figure out how to get the pictures in here, I would. The colors are going to be a dark blue (sapphire-like, Pantone "Electric Blue) and a dark green (Pantone "Evergreen"), with silver accents. Thought being that the ladies will be in the blue, the gents in the green, and both colors along with the silver will make up everything else.
Along with the colors, Lacy and I *think* we found a bridesmaid dress that will look good on all four of them *lol* I know we've got plenty of time, but we've put in a request to one of the local shops to see if they carry this particular style, so we can go look and try them on. If not, we'll keep looking, but damn I do love the dress :-P
Whatelse...a high school friend of mine manages a cupcake shop in Bellevue (New York Cupcake! - GO THERE.), that does weddings for very reasonable prices with awesomely tasty results. So we're kicking around the cupcake idea, and they also do more "traditional" cakes as well. We stopped by there on Monday, tried some cupcakes (OM NOM NOM), and picked up the pricing/flavor guide.
We all know I certainly do not fit into the "traditional bride" mold, and I have no intention of becoming so. Luckily, we seem to be in a time where off-beat, non-traditional brides are sharing their resources and helping each other figure out better ways to do things. Want to try something scary? Just go look at theknot.com. NO. THANKS. I'm sure it's great for some people, but it's just not "us". I also found it amusing that there were only two books at Third Place that even came close to the "non-traditional" way of doing things. Oh well. I bought them, and I'm sure I'll get plenty of mileage out of them, and then I can loan/gift/donate/whatever them once I'm done.
Venue wise, we're looking at maybe the Floral Hall in Everett for the reception, because it's pretty damn awesome in all the right ways *lol* I haven't done enough research on it to find out if it will be able to meet our ceremony space needs, but at least it's our top pick for the reception.
I think that's it. Time to scoot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment