Because so many of you have been asking, here is the story of a) how Tim and I met, and b) how he proposed.
How We Met
Tim actually found me on facebook, having recently moved to the Seattle area. He was searching for people who both worked at Boeing and were interested in the SCA, and apparently (or so he says), my name/profile was the first to come up. He sent me a message, and I sat, staring at my computer screen, trying to decide whether to respond or not. Eventually I did, coming to the conclusion that I could always "de-friend" him on Facebook if he turned out to be some creepy stalker guy *lol*
We spent the next couple of months talking online or through IM at work about pretty much everything. Music, movies, SCA, family, you name it. We finally met face to face in January 2009, at Marymoor Park, to hang out and walk his dogs. Haidee and Lesley joined us, and later we all went to dinner and walked around South Center Mall. Good times, to be sure, but I was still very much in the air *lol* Tim and I went on several more dates, and spent even more time talking. I took him to his first Paperboys concert on St. Patrick's Day 2009, and after dinner on the 22nd of March, we decided that we were officially dating (there is a hilarious story about that moment, but I'll save it for another time *lol*).
If you ask Tim, he'll say that he knew right away that I was "the one", but I was much more reluctant to think that so soon. It took until about May, when Ari started calling him "Uncle Tim" without any prompting, for it to really sink in that I was happier than I had ever been, and that yes, he was "the one."
How He Proposed
Let me preface this by saying that I chose my engagement ring, a few months ago, and that I did have a rough idea that "something" would be happening in March or April along the "proposing" line of things *lol* You all know me though, and this meant that under the surface, any time we went any where I was a tad paranoid that "THIS WAS IT". Silly, but true.
Anyways. Back to the story.
We always get a big group of people together to do dinner before the St. Patrick's Day Paperboys show; it's just what we do, and it's a blast. This year, we had nine or so people together for dinner at the Elysian on Capital Hill (TOTALLY worth it, by the way), and then walked down to Neumo's, and met up with my brother Chris, his wife Lacy, and our awesome friends Halley and Chiu.
The opening bands were *awesome*, truly. It's been quite a while since we've had two openers who were THAT phenomenal. Everybody was dancing and rocking out, and having a blast. Paperboys get up and do their thing, and that awesome time continues. It gets late, REALLY late, and Chris/Lacy and Halley/Chiu have to leave. We all get really bummed out, but the shows do run late, so it's all good.
The boys start to play their last song, and a couple minutes into it, Tim taps me on the shoulder. Slightly annoyed that he's interrupting the awesome song (bad Seanie), and turn around and say "What *are* you doing?!?". He immediately gets down on one knee, pulls out the ring, and shouts (don't forget, the band is still playing, LOUD) "SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN THOMAS, WILL YOU PLEASE MARRY ME?".
*cue me crying here*
Obviously, I said yes, laughing and crying, and couldn't get the ring out of the box because my hands were shaking. The people who were gathered around us cheer and scream, and there is a general mass of hugs and me grinning so big my face hurts. The show ends, and I bee-line over to my friend Bridget, who was up closer to the stage, and doesn't know yet. I leaned into her, and slowly brought my hand up, saying "hey, I've got something to show you…". The second she saw the ring she just exploded *lol* Lots more jumping and "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE KIDDING ME!" etc, then we run back over to Tim where more hugs and jumping up and down and "Well done, Sir!" is said many many times *lol* It was such an awesome moment. Even better was when we found Tom (lead singer of the Paperboys), and told him. Definitely a night that I will remember forever.
So there you go. That's how it happened :-D In an equally hilarious and cheezy-on-purpose moment last night, I asked my four favorite girls if they would be my gang *lol*
I will try and get a picture of the ring at some point and put it on here, but trust me when I say that it is gorgeous, and I love it.
And thus begins the next great stage of my life :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment