This post right here:
http://www.apracticalwedding.com/2010/01/your-wedding-is-not-show/#more-
I thank my lucky stars that I have a friend as awesome as [info]lapenn , and that she is just as much of a fan of weddings and happy celebrations as I am, and that she shared APW with me.
On the whole, the reactions to our engagement have been great, and very positive. It's the fifteen billion (yes, I'm being sarcastic and exaggerating) comments about why we should/shouldn't do things a certain way.
So I'm just going to put this out here.
Yes, we are going to have a wedding.
Yes, both a ceremony and a reception. Yes, I will have a dress. Yes, there will be a lot of people there.
Why? Because it's what we want. I WANT both sides of our family together, with as many of our friends as possible, in one place at one time. Do I want to be the center of attention? Not really. I do, however, want our friends and family around for one hell of a party.
We have a budget. I'm not being un-realistic and pining over the moon. But yes, we will spend money on this. It's our choice, and it's something that we want to do. Could we spend the money instead on a trip for just the two of us? Yes, we could, but neither of us would be very happy with that.
Bottom line is that this post is mostly for me. I have found myself getting very irritated over the last two weeks over this, and it is pointless. People are going to think or say whatever they're going to say, but we're still going to do this our way. Because we want to, and um, it's our choice :-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ergh! Good grief! It's YOUR wedding! Do what you want, within your budget of course, and to heck with what anyone else thinks!
I feel it's a bit rude and selfish to push your ideas onto the bride and groom. It's not about you and what you lack in your own life, it's about the bride and groom and having a happy beginning to their marriage! Oh man, you got me started. I'll step down now. Love you!
Sometimes you need to just stop, take a breath and say to yourself "It's my wedding" No one is going to remember your wedding day the way you will. Of course it's an important day to your friends and family but it will always be more important to you and Tim. It's a day the two of you will look back on time and time again. Do what makes you happy and make those fabulous memories. So happy for you!
Love, Rose
Post a Comment